Quartas believes CSR is a must! We are aware of the importance of leaving the world behind in the best possible way for future generations. We continuously develop alternative sustainable products. The application of the product doesn’t change only the material used. We have also done innovative investments like the installation of solarpanels and UV Offset presses with an UV LED curing system, which uses less energy.
We have immersed our selves into the SDG set up by the United Nations. We meet the following requirements:
- The well-being of our people is key. As an employer, we are responsible for them. They commit themselves daily for our organization and our customers.
- Everyone working at Quarters is of equal value. It is essential for us as an organization that equal opportunities and rights for men and women are promoted.
- We are committed to promoting sustained, inclusive and sustainable growth, full and productive employment and decent, safe work for all. We subscribe to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. This is how we ensure that we treat each other with honesty and dignity. We strive for economic growth and creating more jobs and our organization is creating a safe working environment for our employees. We do this by concluding maintenance contracts, legal inspections and maintenance of our machines, but also energy certificates, evacuation plans, emergency response and storage of chemicals are included in this.
- Quartas /VAN AS uses sustainable energy. We strive to reduce our environmental impact by, for example, applying biobased materials with a minimal CO2 footprint. We are committed to sustainable innovative developments such as replacing our presses in presses with UV drying technology as they have less energy consumption;
- We strive for an environmentally friendly management of chemicals. We significantly limit our emissions to air, water and soil to minimize their negative impacts on human health and on the environment. We have an extensive product range with sustainable alternatives and we regulate four waste streams, namely paper, polypropylene, PVC and other waste. Significantly limiting waste through prevention, reduction, recycling and re-use.
- We must work together keeping in mind the same values and share the higher goals for a sustainable planet. We need suppliers to be able to produce sustainable products. We offer a recycling service for print-related products (delivery and collection). This is done in cooperation with our partners/customers.
You can read the whole CRS presentation here.